Monday, July 28, 2014

Big City Fun With Friends

A couple of weekends ago {I know, I'm behind again} we spent the weekend in Denver with our friends the Knutsons.
You know, KK, T's boyfriend...and his adorable little brother and GW's homie, Jase.

We started the day at the Denver Aquarium.
 
The kids loved looking at all of the fish.

 

There were also a few other fun things for the kids, like a carousel...

 

 ...and a train.
Which I was the lucky adult who got to ride with the kids, because we all know that GW would have tried to escape.


After some lunch,  it was time for some relaxing by the pool at our favorite Denver area resort -- the Omni Interlocken.
I bragged on it last year, we stayed a night here on our way to Beaver Creek.
It has an awesome pool area.

 
Dinner time!


After dinner, it was time for the movie at the resort.
The movie is supposed to be played out in the pool area, but due to rain in the forecast, it was moved into a ballroom.
You know, I do always love watching Cars in my still soggy swimsuit.
Oh well, it was still fun none-the-less.
They had popcorn and candy for the kids, and the kids, and well me too, made ourselves at home on the ballroom floor.


After the movie, the Goldings did go for an 11 o'clock swim and it was awesome.
#werecoollikethat

And then another thing about this resort that I think is just adorable, is milk and cookies for the kids and bottles of water for the adults, are part of the turn down service.
#toobaditwasntwineforthegrownups


The next morning, we totally slept in, which was like the first time all summer.
And then I got us all lost..drove us half way to Fort Collins...but breakfast was good when we finally got there!

A fun weekend with our fun friends!!!

1 comment: