Sunday, September 12, 2010

The move...

Wild Horse is our new home!

The move has gone well. Friday night Justin and I were up most of the night trying to finish up packing...we finally had to stop for a few hours of sleep and I finished packing Saturday morning with the open box, dump drawer method (literally).

Saturday morning, Mom & Dad, Grandpa & Grandma Chisman, Sheryl & Randy, and Jase & Gary helped us get everything loaded up and the house cleaned. We owe this group BIG...couldn't have done it without them! It was sad leaving our first home...but it was all better when we were unloading things into the trailerhood and I was standing in my kitchen and out the window I could see our horses in the pasture...oh yes, this is so much better! That group, plus John & Dave helped us get everything unloaded: into the trailerhood, all over the patio, into the old house we all use for storage, into the garage...yes, Mom and Dad both told me they never knew we had so much stuff!

We've worked at getting it put away last night and today. We of course had a big day planned, but have a real sick group of calves, so Dad and Just spent the whole day doctoring them. Pray the medicine works and pray for some much needed moisture (the dust is partly to blame).

It'll be a busy week in the evenings trying to get to stuff put away...I won't be able to relax until we're settled!

No comments: