Friday, August 22, 2014

And just like that, we have a Preschooler!

It's a big day around here...
We have a Preschooler!
Miss Tressie started Preschool at Kit Carson this morning.
 
 
Of course last weekend we had to adequately prepare for school, with a little shopping!
I had to keep reminding myself that my child is going to school ONE day a week, not five.
Because I could have easily bought a new wardrobe for five.
 



This week, T got the sweetest little handwritten introductory letter from her new teacher, Miss Lowe.
It's Miss Lowe's first year at Kit Carson and first teaching job.
I am super excited about her and think that she'll do a great job!


Tressie was super excited for her first day.
She's very excited to ride the bus too.
I was just going to throw her on the bus this morning, but Gaga said that I needed to take her on her first day : )
So when I told T that I was going to take her, she responded with, "I could just ride the bus."

And the bus, big news in the bus department.
In the past our route has been a Suburban, but they have enough kids on our route this year for a real, yellow (short!) school bus!!!


This morning on the drive to school, we overheard her talking to herself.
"Miss Lowe"
"Miss Lowe"
"YES! I've got it!"
A very important thing to know on your first day!


When we walked into the school and the hall was filled with High School kids and banging lockers, T got a little nervous, but by the time we left, she was in her element and doing just fine!


You know me, I had to make a little something for Miss Lowe.
John Wayne was embarrassed by this, like I was trying to win brownie points or something.
Really, not my intention, it's just who I am.
So I hope it's received well and not taken as a bribe! : )


Gaga picked the little lady up from school.
I can't wait to get home and hear all about it!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie pie! And her repeating the teachers name...can't get over that sweetness!

Nicole said...

Wow! She is getting so big! Preschool?!?

Stef said...

I LOVE that that's "just how you are." Don't stop... :)

Ellen said...

Adorable! I can't believe how fast the time has gone. It's awesome she gets to rides the bus.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Preschool already? WOW! She is so cute. I hope she's lovin' it. And hey, this is the first year in the history of forever that I haven't done a little first day gift. Mainly because my baby is now a middle schooler. Gasp.