Thursday, August 12, 2010

Conveniences...

As excited as I am to get back out east, I will be the first to tell you that over the past 10 years I have grown fond of city conveniences. Things I will miss the most and my to-do list in the next 30 days...

1) Ice cream run.
It's not uncommon for me to need Dairy Queen at any given time.

2) Go to Target just because.
Target, oh how I love you! THIS WILL BE MY MOST MISSED CONVENIENCE.

3) Pizza delivery.
Our best option in Wild Horse will be Pizza Hut after an hour car ride or Papa Murphy's. (Thank goodness for Papa Murphy's!)

4) Rent a movie at Blockbuster.
We will survive...thank you Netflix!

5) Get fresh pastries from Altitude Sweets.
I will be just fine though...I don't know the name of the place, but there is a FABULOUS donut shop in Limon!

6) Starbucks drive through on my way to work.
I've been working on this one, replacing it with McD's coffee (not bad!)...my husband was not too fond of my $7 breakfast stops...it doesn't help that there is one right down the street from T's babysitter...in my mind, long night with T = Starbucks!

7) Late night Taco Bell run.
This became all too convenient in college, and having to load up a baby in a car seat hasn't slowed us down any!

8) Hobby Lobby.
I now will have to plan my projects out better and not mess up...no more running there in the middle of a project. I better go get ribbon to make T a hair bow in every color under the sun, instead of running and buying ribbon outfit by outfit like I do now!

9) Chick Fil A for lunch.
I'm considering a franchise in Limon!

Hmmm...I think I see a strong theme here...maybe this move will make me skinnier!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on selling the house!! I think there's a way around all of those conveniences...except Target! Sometimes I just need to go walk around Target and de-stress! Maybe you'll have to browse Target on-line?! Happy you'll be moving onto where you want to settle! Christina