Saturday, November 19, 2011

This and That

This weekend has been a great one so far, we've been able to stay around the house for the most part and I am always thankful for days that aren't spent running from place to place.

Last night John Wayne was updating some cattle records, but then his secretary took over.


I'm sure that the Leap Frog "laptop" that we got her for Christmas will not be nearly as appealing to her : )

This morning I decided to get up early before John Wayne and the Little Lady and make a special treat...homemade donuts!!!




They were pretty tasty. Although, I have to get a candy thermometer because my oil wasn't at the right temperature for all of them and I had some doughy centers.

I made some dipped in cinnamon/sugar and some with a chocolate glaze. They were both pretty tasty, but I thought the cinnamon/sugar ones were the best.


But, after telling the whole Facebook world that I made "homemade" donuts...I must fess up...cheater donuts...TOTALLY. All they are is this...


I found the recipe on Pinterest, my latest obsession.

The Little Lady enjoyed the donut holes for breakfast.


Along with my donuts, I enjoyed some of my favorite creamer...Peppermint Mocha! I finally went to the store yesterday and got some.


John Wayne and I went on a date tonight. Here's the Little Lady getting ready to go to Grandma and Grandpa's for the evening. Do you like her new Old Navy coat? She LOVES it. She especially likes playing peek-a-boo with the hood.


Does The Lincoln County Stockmen's Annual Banquet count as a date?
It does for us : )

Hmmm, my hair looks really flat on one side, I promise it wasn't.


I hope you all are having a great weekend as well!

1 comment:

Mark said...

We make doughnuts like that for special occassions. But we use the cheap biscuits so they cook really quick. We put out powdered sugar, cinnamon sugar, and a powdered sugar glaze. The girls love doughnut days!!
Christina