Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

After a great Thanksgiving (photo failure on my part, no pictures) with family in Wild Horse at my Grandpa and Grandma's, my Mom, the Little Lady and I headed west to grab a few hours of sleep at my other Grandparent's, before heading to Colorado Springs for Black Friday shopping!

We weren't part of the midnight crowd, we ventured out around 5AM. All of the other shoppers must have been out at midnight, because at Target at 5AM, there were plenty of employees just standing around, hanging out. We weren't after any of the huge door-buster sale items, so we still got everything we needed, and more I'm sure.

With several hours of shopping under our belt, we met up with my Aunt, Uncle, Cousins and Grandpa for breakfast at Panera. Our Black Friday tradition. My Aunt, Uncle and Cousins were part of the brave midnight crowd.

Four Generations of Black Friday Shoppers

After breakfast, Mom, the Little Lady and I headed to the mall and it was time for the Little Lady to visit Santa.

This year's Santa was way better than last year's, but the Little Lady still didn't like him any better.



After all that "stress", Grandma thought the Little Lady needed a treat. Meet Ginger, the adorable gingerbread girl from Build-A-Bear.

The Little Lady was one sleepy girl at this point!

We finished our shopping and then met up with John Wayne and headed to his Grandma's house for Thanksgiving with his family. Yesterday and today, we were around the Trailerhood all day, and I'm happy to report that...Christmas decorations are up, presents are bought (almost all) and wrapped, and cards are ready to go in the mail! I'm ready to ENJOY this Christmas season!

2 comments:

Penny Pfeiff said...

Look at you...your mom and grandma as well as you look great! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Anne Bonn said...

that's so fun!...didn't realize you could make black friday traditions, but you never cease to amaze me, either :)