Saturday, May 21, 2011

A good day in the big city...

At the last minute, the Little Lady and I decided to head to the big city today with my Mom. We had a good day, but two really good things came out of our trip...

Have you ever had a Mocha Coconut Frappuccino?!?! If not, drop what ever you are doing and get to your local Starbucks, NOW. I don't care if you're like me and that means driving 100 miles...go...NOW.

My new summertime favorite for sure. My favorite wintertime drink is the Peppermint Mocha. I wait all year for this tasty little drink to make its way back to Starbucks, but now, now I have something to get me through the summer. LOVE it!


But the best thing that came out of today's trip to the big city...


I finally got my hands on a copy of the latest issue of US Weekly...finally. THE wedding issue hit the stands Wednesday, well Wednesday if you live somewhere besides Wild Horse and work somewhere besides Limon. I tried all week to find a copy of this little journal detailing the biggest wedding of the year, or maybe ever (if you're me), unsuccessfully! We were about to the point that one of my besties, Annie (who by the way tagged this "THE Royal Wedding" and I couldn't agree more, so I had to steal it) was going to have to FedEx me a copy! (OK, we're crazy, but not that crazy, but it's always nice to know that a girl has options.)

So I finally have the luke-warm copy of US Weekly in my hands and I couldn't be happier. Awesome wedding, but when you take Miranda and add Junky Gypsy, two of my absolute favorites, you're bound to get awesomeness.

So my calorie count is way over and my gossip meter is on high, a great day in the big city, but time to come back home to the prairie where you get your calories from Grandma's coconut cream pie and the wedding event of the year will take place at the county fairgrounds between a couple of high school sweethearts.

No comments: