Monday, May 2, 2011

Seattle, Pike Place Market and Slippery Fish

This weekend I went to Seattle with my bestie Katie, her sister Sarah and our friend Sandra. Girls weekend!

A few weeks ago, Sarah called, "Do you want to go to Seattle with me the last weekend of the month? Kate will be there for an event." (My bestie is the Fan Club Manager for the Professional Bull Riders.) I'm usually pretty quick to reply with a no to something like this; not that I don't want to go, but I shouldn't leave T, I shouldn't spend the money...you get the idea. But not this time, I was pretty quick to respond with a yes and I'm so glad I did, we had a great time!

Friday morning my alarm went off at 3:30AM. Adrenalin and excitement made it easy to get out of bed, and not to mention, the royal wedding was on TV. So much better than your typical middle-of-the-night infomercial!

I met Sarah and Sandra in Limon (Kate was already in Seattle) and we headed to DIA for our 8AM flight.

Upon arrival in Seattle we headed to our hotel in Downtown Seattle.

Me and Sandra in the cab on the way to our hotel.

We met up with Kate and headed to have lunch down on the water.

The view from our table at Ivar's.

Me and Kate ready for some fish and chips!

Next it was time for some shopping at Pike Place Market.


The fresh flowers at the market are AMAZING!


There was also an abundance of great fresh produce...


...and of course, fresh seafood.


When you hear people talk about Seattle and the market, you always hear about the fish being tossed around. Well, when we were there things were pretty uneventful. Jokingly, I yelled "We want to see some action!"


In return, I was invited up behind the counter to catch a fish myself!


Getting some coaching...


Practice...


He caught this one and passed it off to me.


This one was all me!
I must admit, I was a little nervous. Fish are slippery little critters and I didn't want to make a fool of myself and drop it in front of the crowd.
Success...I caught it!


Getting to catch the fish was definitely a trip highlight for me!

More Seattle pictures and stories to come...

1 comment:

Krulls in Haiti said...

What an amazing trip! Consider me officially jealous ;)