Saturday, July 2, 2011

Ranch Wives Cooking Club - Cucumber Salsa

This is a great recipe for a hot summer day...very refreshing (and simple)!

I got this recipe from a co-worker several years ago and every time I make it for something, people are scraping the bottom of the dish and asking for the recipe.

You start with this...


1 pound fresh tomatoes chopped (I'm not a tomato fan, so I went easy on the tomatoes)
1 pound cucumbers chopped
8 ounce onion chopped
1 small can chopped jalapenos
1/8 cup lime juice
1/8 cup olive oil
garlic powder to taste
salt to taste
cumin to taste

Mix all of the ingredients together and store covered in the refrigerator. Serve with tortilla chips. (I've found that this is definitely one of those recipes that the above measurements are just guidelines...make and tweak to taste!)


A great recipe for your 4th get-togethers!

No comments: