Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Pinterest Project {Fabric Covered Cork Boards}

The second I saw this idea on Pinterest, I knew that I wanted to make some for my office.


I have lots of scrap fabric, so all I needed to purchase was the cork.

I just bought this pack of cork tiles. If I had it to do over, I might have purchased the pre-cut circles, but then I wouldn't have the varying sizes of circles that I ended up with, which I kinda like.


I just gathered household items to use as patterns.


I just used scissors to cut them out, but an x-acto knife might have worked better.


The cork tiles were really thin, so I cut two of each size and hot glued them together to make them thicker.


Then I just quickly cut a circle {or close enough to a circle} out of the fabric about an inch or so bigger than the cork circle.


Then you just pull, gather and glue a several inch section at a time.


And there you have it...pretty cork boards!



What's your latest Pinterest project?!?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And on a side note...I am SO frustrated with Blogger right now...it's moved all of my right sidebar info to the bottom of my blog?!? I spent all of my lunch hour today trying to figure it out with no luck. Any ideas???

No comments: