Thursday, August 18, 2011

90th Annual Hammer Picnic

Every year the last Sunday of July is always, the Hammer Picnic. We pack our coolers and head to the beautiful mountain ranch, outside of Divide, owned by my Grandpa's cousin.

This year was special...this year marked the 90th Annual Hammer Picnic!

The Golding's relaxing before lunch.

Tressie taking her Daddy exploring.

The Ernie Hammer family enjoying lunch.

Have I told you how much the Little Lady LOVES corn-on-the-cob?!?!

Ahhhh, refreshing!

Four generations: my Grandpa, my Dad, me and T.

My Dad with his sister and brother.

My Dad and cousin Jake...trading places : )

Me and John Wayne with all of my cousins (minus Josh, this was the day after his wedding).

This year we had Hammer's from as far away as New York come for the picnic. I found out from one of the historians of the family that I am part of the 17th generation of Hammer's and so that would make Tressie the 18th generation. It's neat to go and learn more about your family!

1 comment:

Brenda Hammer said...

Commenting on the last picture..... Don't they always have the older people sit down in front? HA