Monday, April 30, 2012

What Gets Me Through The Day

The puking has improved a lot {thank you Jesus, as I had mentally tried to prepare myself for another full nine months of it} and the nausea has tapered off some, but there are still a few things that I need to get through the day.

You will not find me without:

Animal Crackers

I always have a bag of animal crackers in my purse {and this is not just because I’m the mother of a toddler, the Little Lady doesn’t even really care all that much for animal crackers.} These are my saltine crackers, anytime I’m feeling a little unstable, I munch on a few of these. I’ve been going through one of these big bags a week.

Juicy Fruit Gum

When I’m not eating or sleeping, you can pretty much bet than I’m chewing a piece of Juicy Fruit. Yeah, it doesn’t fall in the “sugar free” category…this is going to do wonders on my teeth I’m sure.

Dr. Pepper

My number one pregnancy vice. I craved it with the Little Lady and I’d drink a gallon of it again each day if I could.

Motts for Tots Apple Juice

My pre-pregnancy self considers this simply disgusting; a few weeks before I got pregnant I was telling my Mom how nasty this stuff is {the Little Lady drinks it} and then about two weeks ago, I began drinking this stuff by the gallon. I tried just watering down regular apple juice since that’s essentially what this is, but that didn’t suffice.

Thankfully, in the past week or two, I’ve been able to start drinking water as long as it’s ice cold and has fresh lemon in it. Up until then, water was one of my worst enemies and the fact that I felt so dehydrated, but could not find anything that tasted good to drink, was one of my main complaints.

And there are a few things that I want nothing to do with: chocolate and potato chips…normally, two of my favorite things!

4 comments:

Melodee said...

awe hope you are feeling better soon and can eat whatever you like! it's funny the stuff our bodies crave during pregnancy...or what will stay down!!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Just found your blog. Love it! I'm a new follower. :)

Hope you feel better soon!!

Rachel said...

Oh, that's no fun (know from expereince, too)! Hope that it gets better soon!

I'm a new follower, love the blog!

Kelly said...

I lived on animal crackers for weeks. Now my only craving is Cherry Coke!! I can't get enough of it, especially if it's from a fountain :)