Monday, July 30, 2012

Anniversary Getaway

On August 3rd, John Wayne and I will celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary!  Since it's a "milestone" anniversary, I kinda wanted to getaway for a long weekend like to Santa Fe, but I was honest with myself and decided that would be better saved for when I'm not very pregnant.  So, we just ventured to the big city {Denver} for a night.

I got a great deal on a room at the Hyatt downtown.  I'm a hotel snob and I really enjoyed this hotel.


The view, daytime and nightime, from our room on the 30th floor.


After check-in, we enjoyed a couples massage at the hotel spa.  {John Wayne is probably turning red with embarrassment...I'm sure I wasn't supposed to share that with the whole blog world...but as "unmanly" as he may think it is, I think he rather enjoyed it!}

After our massages, we got ready for dinner.  Don't you love our self-portrait?!?


We decided on the Denver Chophouse for dinner.


The food was amazing!
We shared the BBQ Shrimp appetizer.  It had a spicy kick and was so yummy!
I had the Fillet Mignon with White Cheddar Mashed Potatoes.  I'm kinda a steak snob too and this lived up to my expectations.
Instead of rolls or bread, they serve Jalapeno Cornbread with their meals...very good!

We were going to walk down to the Cheesecake Factory for dessert, but were too full.  We just headed back to the room where we spent the rest of the evening watching the Olympics {enjoying not having to flip back and forth between the Olympics and Toy Story}.


Sunday morning, we enjoyed breakfast at Sams No. 3 before heading home.  It's a fun place that's been featured on Food Network's "Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives."


We really enjoyed our night away.  I wouldn't trade living on the ranch for anything, but I do enjoy the big city life for a night every now and then {and John Wayne tolerates it for me}!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And in a totally unrelated Instagram picture from the week, the Little Lady and I received goodies in the mail from Giddy Up Glamour this week!


4 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds like y'all had a good ole time! Glad y'all got to have a get away!

Anonymous said...

Super fun! We could really use a get-a-way even for the night :) Our anniversary isn't until January though so thankfully I have time to plan & save. Ha!
I love GUG, super cute jewlery!

Anonymous said...

Oh HAPPY 10th ANNIVERSARY too :) XO

Melodee said...

happy anniversary! cute pictures of you two and your adventure!