Monday, April 8, 2013

Gunner's Dedication

You will see that the original date on the invitation is February 24th...six weeks ago.
Well, there was a blizzard, so we rescheduled for two weeks later.
Two weeks later, there was another blizzard, so we rescheduled for two weeks later.
And yes, there was yet another blizzard two weeks later, so here we finally are...six weeks later.
 
We joked that Gunner was just doing his part to help bring eastern Colorado out of the drought.
Too bad that during most of these storms, it was mostly just terrible wind with just enough snow to blow around and make for miserable conditions.
 
 
Yesterday was a beautiful spring day and we certainly enjoyed the day with our friends and family.
 
My Uncle Jerry performed the dedication.
That's very special to us -- My Uncle Jerry married us 10 years ago and dedicated Tressie 2 1/2 years ago.
 




Here are a few family shots -- Gaga and Papa, Papa Dave and Aunt Katie and Uncle Will.

We were blessed to have many more family members there to share the occasion with us.

 
Many of you may already know that my bestie and her hubs are expecting in July!
I am SO excited!
Katie and Will are going to make great parents.
And I'm so excited to share the adventure of motherhood with my bestie.
 
 
 

3 comments:

Krulls in Haiti said...

I grew up in a Nazarene church in Tempe, Arizona... then went on to Point Loma Nazarene University in San Diego :) That just caught my eye :) So glad you finally had good weather for the dedication, he is so cute!

Anonymous said...

So sweet!

Amanda @ The Barstows: Our Little House on the {West Texas} Prairie said...

Glad you were finally able to get it done! We had to cancel a trip back home this weekend because of the weather..and it snowed here in TX yesterday- most days I love TX but I tell ya, I am about done with hearing them complain when they get some moisture...It was up to 90 on Tues and it's sunny and warm today..I think they all need to take a trip North so they can experience some actual severe weather..okay, rant over..the pics of your family are beautiful!!