Saturday, January 29, 2011

Ranch Wives Cooking Club - Brownies

Go to your pantry and throw out all of your boxed brownie mixes, because after you try these delicious, so simple brownies, you are never going to need another mix ever again.


Mix 1 cup melted butter with 1/2 cup cocoa and 2 cups sugar.


Mix in 4 eggs, one at a time.
Mix in 2 teaspoons vanilla.


Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon baking powder, add to wet mixture.


Pour into a greased 9x13 metal pan and place in a preheated 350 degree oven.
The recipe says to bake for 20-25 minutes, mine usually take 40 minutes.


Many times I sprinkle with chopped walnuts before baking, but we are going to my Bestie and the Great White Hunter's house for dinner tonight and I couldn't remember their feelings towards nuts. You can also sprinkle with powdered sugar, but I think we're just going with good old plain brownies tonight.


As easy as a mix and I promise you won't be disappointed!

No comments: