Monday, December 17, 2012

26 Acts of Kindness

When I first heard the news of the horrific tragedy in Newtown I  began to pray and that’s exactly what I’ve been doing ever since.  But there was a strong desire inside of me to do something more, I just wasn’t sure what.

Then today over my lunch break as I was catching up on my blog reading, Mel at The Larson Lingo had just posted about her “26 Acts of Kindness” project that she was doing to honor the victims.  Right away I knew that this was what I had been looking for, this is what I could do.
 

It’s as simple as it sounds, perform 26 Acts of Kindness.  It can be something as simple as picking up trash in the parking lot as you walk into the grocery store, to buying a Christmas present for a needy child.  Just as you perform these acts, take a minute and pause to pray for one of the victim’s families.  For more simple ideas of Acts of Kindness, check out Mel’s post at the link above.
 
Print off a list of the victim's names so as you perform an act, you can take a minute and pray for one of them:
 
Charlotte, Daniel, Olivia, Josephine, Ana, Dylan, Madeleine, Catherine, Chase, Jesse, James, Grace, Emilie, Jack, Noah, Caroline, Jessica, Avielle, Benjamin & Allison

Staff Members at the School:
Rachel Davino, Dawn Hochsprung, Lauren Rousseau, Mary Sherlach, Anne Marie Murphy & Victoria Soto

I’m going to try really hard to complete my 26 Acts by Christmas.  I encourage you to do the same!
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
I just completed my first act, built an Operation Christmas Child box online...and prayed for Charlotte and her family.
 

 
 
 

2 comments:

Michele said...

What a special thing to do. Thanks for sharing.

Ellen said...

That's an awesome idea, Emily.