Wednesday, January 4, 2012

What We've Been Up To

Hello friends! It's been awhile. Can't believe it's already a new year, but before I feel like I can talk about the new year, I have to catch everyone up on the end of 2011.

It was so nice to have the day after Christmas off too, a day to recover. All of my family was still around, so that night my Mom made a great taco and burrito dinner and had everyone over.

There was some bowling action. Although the Little Lady prefers to kick the pins down, rather than roll the ball at them. {Do you see the Little Lady's pacifier??? Yep, she stole it...from her baby doll. My Dad said maybe it's like her nicorette...she'll wean herself off her bop with it.}


There was some Wii action. The Wii Wipeout game is very entertaining!


The Little Lady even got in on the Wii action...or so she thinks at least.


And then remember those big cousins I told you about...they played and played with her!


There was sledding in the house...which turned into sled bowling...very fun :)


Then we went to work for a few days, blah, blah, blah.

And then Friday was John Wayne's birthday!

The Little Lady made him a card with the finger paints she got from Santa. She was having a blast with it, until all of the sudden she decided that she was done and then she was mad...mad that she had paint all over her, couldn't get her into the tub quick enough.


John Wayne and I went to the big big city {Denver} for his birthday. We had an awesome lunch at Elway's {yes, the man, #7, John Elway} and then did what any man would want to do on his birthday, walk around Bass Pro.

See that dessert.
It's my new favorite food. {Yes, I said food, not just dessert.}
Really.
A homemade Ding Dong.
Touchdown!


New Year's Eve Day brought another fun-filled day with family. We celebrated Christmas with my Mom's extended family.

Mom, the Little Lady and I sported our Broncos gear that we got for Christmas.
Yes, they lost an embarrassing loss the next day.
Yes, our man Tebow played really bad.
Yes, we lucked our way into the playoffs.
But...yes, we still love 'em!


I made baked Brie. So yummy and so easy.


John Wayne got a birthday cake.
Yes, the Little Lady has sad eyes. I was trying to take a picture of John Wayne with his cake, but you see, she has an infatuation with this cake that started the second we walked in the door with it. Whenever she sees this cake she has to be hovering over it, daring to stick her fingers in it at any second.


My cousins and us with my Grandpa and Grandma.
{The Little Lady is officially over Christmas pictures at this point.}


And this one, just because it's hilarious :)


And then more of those fun big cousins!
Looks like a marshmallow hold-up going down.


New Year's Eve night...we stayed home...just the three of us...in the trailerhood...Wii...movies...it was a good night!

Whew! There you have it, 2011. Now we can move onto 2012 on this blog :)
Happy New Year all!

3 comments:

Penny Pfeiff said...

I think Tressie might have Great Grandpa Paul's laugh...I love that pic!! :) Actually loved them all!

Mark said...

Love those pictures! Wish we could have been there for the Geist party! Christina

Ellen said...

What great cousins! Loved the sled bowling, baked brie, and the homemade ding dong! You have a wonderful family.