Sunday, November 21, 2010

Black Friday Survival Kits

The day after Thanksgiving is one of my FAVORITE days of the year!
Black Friday Shopping!!!
I know, I know...all those crowds, all those lines...all those people...
Well, I love it!

Black Friday shopping is a long standing tradition in my family. Every year, my Mom, my Grandma, my Aunt, my cousins and I get up at an ungodly hour and head out into the madness.

*Note - In order to enjoy a day of Black Friday shopping, you need to put your patient pants on and start the day with a good attitude. You'll find that most people out there have this attitude. There are a few crazy lunatics, your token "Black Friday Crazies," and yes, you do want to grab the Kitchen Aid mixer out of their grubby arms and beat them with it, but you don't, at least that's what my Mom keeps telling me.

About five years ago, I decided that we needed "survival kits", so I've been putting them together for us annually. Today Mom and I assembled our survival kits for this Friday's outing.

We started with these great bags we found at Old Navy for $1.



Antibacterial gel from Bath and Body Works


Christmas M&Ms - Pretzel and Cherry Cordial


Holiday Fruit Snacks


Granola Bars


Peppermint Mochas


Notebooks for making your list and checking it twice.




Now we are prepared for another year of Black Friday shopping!
Well we think??? We do have an added factor this year...the Little Lady!

3 comments:

Lori Hollis said...

What a great idea!! Our day usually starts with Starbucks to put everyone in a cheery mood. We listen to Christmas music in the car and buy flavored candy canes to snack on. I am right there with you. I love Black Friday shopping!!

Mark said...

I only get to go every other year when I'm in CS! However, I am considering taking the girls this year....maybe I should make the girls a survival kit so they have something to do and I can shop! But I won't be waking them up early - that would be a tragedy for all three of us that would last the entire day!
Christina

Ellen said...

The bags are a great idea! Have fun tomorrow...maybe we'll see you at Kohls again.