Saturday, November 27, 2010

a la Starbucks in Wild Horse

I have been enjoying Starbucks all Thanksgiving break.
No, a franchise did not just move to town.
I made Cranberry Bliss Bars Wednesday evening, and while they're not quite as good as the real thing, they're pretty darn tasty!



I used this recipe I found online, with the exception of candied ginger, no candied ginger to be found in Limon. However, I'm not a big ginger fan anyway and I think next time I'll leave the ground ginger out too. I'll also increase the amount of cranberries and white chocolate in the crust. The only other moderation I made is I used the whole 8 ounce package of cream cheese for the frosting...this was a good thing.

All in all, not bad, not bad at all. And when you figure $2 per bar at Starbucks, this pan equals $32 bucks! John Wayne really likes them!

(Thanks to Jenni and Aunt Fran for passing on the recipe too!)

No comments: