Thursday, November 18, 2010

A little bit of bliss

Any day that starts with a Cranberry Bliss Bar from Starbucks is a good day.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE these things. Probably one of the things that comes with the holiday season that I look most forward to.


No, I did not wake up this morning and have such a mad craving for a Cranberry Bliss Bar that I drove 100 miles just to get one (although now that my taste buds have been awakened to the flavor again, tomorrow morning I could be on the road).

John Wayne and I went to Colorado Springs to the Colorado Cattlemen's Mid-Winter Convention today. Both of our companies had booths at the trade show.


So that's why we were in the big city today...and I stomped my boots and threw a hissy until John Wayne detoured to the nearest, out of the way, Starbucks so I could get my first Cranberry Bliss Bar of the season.

Weekend project...do my best to recreate the Cranberry Bliss Bar at home. I know it will not be as good as Starbucks, I just don't think that's possible, but maybe, just maybe, it can keep me from driving 100 miles.

Other blissful things about today...

I did a little shopping at the Convention, they had some great booths!

I got the Little Lady a "Badger the Dog" book. It's a book about life on the farm through the eyes of a dog. The author is a local gal and signed the Little Lady's copy.


The Little Lady made out good today.

You're the Mama, missin' your Little Lady and you see these...


Can you pass them up???
I don't think so!

And I just might've added to my own bliss with some new bling!


After the Convention, me and John Wayne headed downtown so I could add some more bliss to my day...
A visit to my make the world a better place again girl Amber = a new haircut = quite cute and sassy if I do say so myself!
(Sorry no pic...stay tuned...)

Since John Wayne was such a good sport and waited patiently while Amber made my world a better place again, I told him I'd treat him to dinner. We headed to Phantom Canyon. (We may have been taking slight advantage of the fact that Grandpa and Grandma had the Little Lady...it's not so often anymore that we do these types of meals out!)

I tried their special. I don't remember all of the fancy names and terms, but it was some darn good catfish with a crispy breading and a very spicy polenta side.


And finally...a really poor picture, to show what pushed my blissfulness meter right over the top...Christmas lights in downtown Colorado Springs!


Yes, I am bursting with bliss after today!

No comments: