Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My things I’m thankful for list…

2010 has been a year full of blessings and things to be thankful for.

The Little Lady tops my 2010 list of things I’m thankful for. Tressie Laine was born March 1st at a healthy 6 pounds 2 ounces and 18¼ inches. In the past nine months, she has filled our lives with joy. John Wayne and I now have our own happy little family, and I am thankful for that every day.


Yes John Wayne, you can be #2 on my list! John Wayne is a wonderful husband to me, Daddy to the Little Lady and King of the Aristocracy!


OK, this whole ranking thing is too much pressure, so in no particular order…

My Mom and Dad – Not only do they take care of the Little Lady while John Wayne and I head off to our day jobs (and any of you that know the Little Lady and her rambunctious, no fear attitude, know that this is not an easy feat). They’ve done tons of other stuff for us this year helping us get moved back to the Ranch.


Moving back to the Ranch – Selling our house in the big city and moving back to Wild Horse has made us very happy. We always knew we wanted to get back to the Ranch, but I don’t think we ever imagined that God would provide us with the opportunity this soon. On that note, the trailerhood – yes, I am very thankful for the trailerhood!


All of our wonderful family – I think they love us a little bit more this year… I don’t know, but I think the Little Lady might have something to do with this?!?!

My girlfriends – This year I’ve been blessed to have two awesome experiences with my best girl friends. My bestie Katie got married to a wonderful man this summer and I got to be a part of the whole wedding event, and Jocelyn and I got to go through the whole pregnancy thing and enter motherhood a month apart.

"It doesn't matter where you go in life...what you do...or how much you have...It's who you have beside you!" And I sure am thankful I have these wonderful ladies beside me.



Lucy and Lacy – They continue to make me smile and feel loved every day. John Wayne might not agree with this at 6:59 every morning as he’s chasing them across the prairie (in his spiffy goin’ to town clothes) as he tries to get them into their pen for the day and they purse their nemesis’…the kitty cats! But Lucy and Lacy are thankful for the kitty cats and the prairie…and their baby of course!


OK, so I could go on and on listing silly things like Big Sexy hair products and cranberry bliss bars, which I really am thankful for, but I’ll stop there, with the people and things that matter most in life. And most of all, I give thanks to my Lord and Savior, who has showered me with all of these blessings.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

I will give thanks to the LORD with my whole heart;
I will recount all of your wonderful deeds.
—Psalm 9:1

No comments: