Saturday, November 27, 2010

My First Thanksgiving

My first turkey day was really exciting!


We went to Great Grandpa and Grandma Chisman's in Hanover.


I got a Little People nativity scene and it helped keep me entertained while lunch preparations were finished up.


Here's Great Grandpa getting ready to carve the turkey.


After some turkey and sweet potatoes, I got some of Great Grandma's fabulous mashed potatoes!

And why are you guys taking a picture of me with such a messy face?!? I really don't want this on my blog for the whole world to see!


Hamming it up for the camera.



Grandpa trying to take a nap after lunch, me trying to keep him from it!


Daddy and Aunt Sheryl breaking the wish bone. Daddy won, yay!


We got some of Great Grandma's quilts out to look at. Here's Grandma and Aunt Sheryl holding up one of our favorites, an adorable snowman quilt!


Then it was game time. All of our family get togethers always include some friendly (uh hmm, competitive) games!



Wardrobe change...yes "Everyone Is Thankful For Me!"


And to end the day...planning our strategy for Black Friday! Check Mom's Blog for a Black Friday update!

1 comment:

Tom Eckert said...

Tressie, you make me cry of homesickness! No funner way to spend Turkey Day than at Hanover at Grandma's house. Love the snowman quilt too! I think I saw the beginnings of it several years ago! Absolutely beautiful! You are just a busy growin up little gal and more cute than I can say! I'm thinking you'll be all grown up before I get to see you :( Love, Bethany