Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Ranch Wives Cooking Club - Caramel Pecan Pie

If you want the easiest, yummiest pie ever, here it is! You still have time to throw it together for tomorrow and I promise it will wow your guests.

I started with the Pioneer Woman's pie crust recipe. My Mom gave it a try a few weeks ago and it was flaky goodness!

As for the pie, I wish I could take credit for the fabulous idea of dumping a jar of caramel ice cream topping into a pecan pie, but I have to give credit to Smuckers for this one. I found this recipe probably atleast five years ago and it's now my signature item at family Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings. John Wayne also asks for it throughout the year and it's so easy, I'll make it for him anytime.


Start by beating 3 large eggs, add 2/3 cup sugar, stir well until sugar dissolves. Stir in a jar of caramel ice cream topping and 1/4 cup melted better. Dump in 1 1/2 cups pecan halves, mix 'er up, pop 'er in a 350 degree oven for an hour and you have a masterpiece!




*This is a pretty big pie plate, so I one and a halved the recipe and it was perfect.



Now, where to hide this so John Wayne doesn't have a midnight snack!

No comments: