Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Ranch Wives Cooking Club - Amish Friendship Bread

My friend Jenn gave me a starter for Amish Friendship Bread. What a great gift! As my house (actually Mom and Dad's house, today is my Dad's birthday, happy birthday Dad) began to fill with the sweet smell of bread cooking, I knew we were in for a treat.

Someone (if you're lucky enough to have a friend like Jenn) gives you the start in a plastic baggie, along with a set of instructions. The first few days you simply mash the bag. On day five you add some sugar, flour and milk and then continue mashing for five more days. On day 10, you follow the simple instructions to create four starter bags to give to friends (and you better believe I'm keeping one for myself) and two loaves of delicious sweet bread.

As long as I continue to keep a starter for myself, I'll be baking bread every 10 days.

Thanks Jenn!







P.S.
I needed a little snack before I could go to bed...
I just tried it...
Soooo yummy!

I can't wait for it to be morning so I can eat some more.
Wait, I didn't just say that and I don't really mean that.
I may just have to have a little snack when I check on the little lady in the night!

No comments: