Sunday, October 10, 2010

Trailerhood Tour Part 4 - Office/Craft Room

Welcome to where the work and creativity take place...mostly creativity, I try to avoid too much work!


You love the red wall, right?!? Please tell John Wayne that next time you see him.

My Mom and John Wayne had painted the entire room, John Wayne asked me to help with touch-ups. First let me say, he knows this is a bad idea, I am crafty and talented in a lot of ways, but putting a paint brush in my hands is like giving me a grenade. I proceed to send the paint brush slopped in tan paint somersaulting through the air, speckling the freshly painted red wall with tan dots. I said we could go with the modern, abstract look...John Wayne yelled and cursed (I may have yelled and cursed a little as well) and told me to get out.

John Wayne says he will never paint me a red wall ever again (and obviously I can't do it).



Love this fabric, it brings the whole room together. Thanks Grandma for making it!


I decided the room needed something. That something ended up being a red bean bag. It actually makes for a rather cozy reading spot and the little lady loves it!


I love that when Mom and Dad lived here, Mom had the brilliancy to remove the closet door and replace it with this curtain. Gives you more room.


I'm really happy with how this room turned out. If I'm going to spend time in a room, I want to love it. So now I guess I better get to work on making some Christmas gifts. There are only 75 days until Christmas!

2 comments:

Lori Hollis said...

I love, love the red wall!! I think you should make the closet curtains the same as your window treatments.

Emily said...

That is a GREAT idea Lori...the would REALLY make the room!