Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Ranch Wives Cooking Club - "Cheater" Cookies

OK, I don't even have pictures...yet...but I have to share two great "recipes" with you because I thought you might want to try them for the upcoming festivities.

I call them "cheater" cookies because they are homemade...with a little help.

First, a new recipe I tried this year, Red Velvet Cookies. I LOVE Red Velvet Cake, so I figured what better than some simple Red Velvet Cookies for Christmas.

All you need is a red velvet cake mix (I added a heaping tablespoon of flour for high altitude, don't know if this was necessary, but it didn't hurt), 2 eggs and 1/3 cup oil. Mix together and roll into balls and place on lightly greased cookie sheet and bake in 375 degree oven for 10 minutes.


Next comes the best part...the frosting!
I haven't frosted mine yet. I let them cool and put them in the freezer and I'll frost them Thursday night. If you want to keep it easy, you can simply buy a container of cream cheese frosting. Even though these are "cheater" cookies, I'll be making my own frosting...that's one thing I don't believe in...store bought frosting.

They were fantastic without the frosting, so I can't imagine how yummy they'll be with the best part!!!

Next, is a cookie I've been making for quite a few years now, Peanut Butter Snicker Cookies.

Simply make (or buy) your favorite peanut butter cookie dough...


...and roll a mini snickers in the middle of a ball of dough and bake.


Oh yes, so good!

These recipes are both quick, easy and so tasty! I made a batch of both of them last night after I got the Little Lady to bed.

Happy baking!

No comments: